Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Light Photography


I was out of ideas for what to do on day 16. So I came up with the idea of doing some light photography. It took me about 5 tries before I finally got the shot below.

I started out with my 50mm f/1.8 lens wide open, and a 30 second shutter speed. The images were coming out too blown out, and I had the camera angled too low, which was cutting off the text. What I did next was closed the aperture to F/16 and kept it at 30 seconds. Still too might light was being let in.

Finally I upped the exposure to 15 seconds and below was the image you see. 

The reason why I picked the word "HI": As I was standing there trying to think of a word spell backwards, Hi seemed like the easiest. I walked backwards swirling my arm around in circles to give the circles.

I used my Nikon, and my cell phone's LED light on the back to spell the word. 


Hi - Light Photography



Camera:

NIKON D5000
Exposure:15 sec (1/0)
Aperture:f/16
Focal Length:50 mm
ISO Speed:800

No comments:

Post a Comment