Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Apple vs. Android

This will be a quick post, based upon my own thoughts. I am more of a technology lover beyond anything else. I sometimes am just happy to sit back and watch power house companies, such as Apply, RIM, Google, Microsoft fight it out.

Right now I am using a Droid X running root Gingerbread 2.3.2 with a Liberty ROM.
I have another year left on my phone, until the search beings for the next phone to buy!

I love everything about Android, but this is not to say I am completely loyal to them until the end.
I will do my research, and when it is finally time to buy my next phone. I will not have any regrets.

I love my Droid X, and I know I will be happy with it for another year!

Some of the feathers I will be looking for in my next phone, either it be Apple, or Google.

Must have:
4G/LTE - Capable of running Voice and Data at the same time.
Front facing camera - At least 3mp in a year from now, I don't see that being a problem.
HDMI output - I want to be able to hook it up to my TV.
Minimum memory of 1GB - This isn't really far off of being a reality this summer.
Built in internal hard drive storage - I love the idea of cloud based, but when I am in areas of limited or no data. I do not want to be completely out of commission.
Dual Core Processor - 1.5 gHz or above in a year from now. 
Graphics card equal to at least PlayStation 2, Nintendo 3DS standards, PSP.
Rear Camera: 12 Mp at least, My droid X allows for a physical shutter in the camera. This option I love, and would like to see this be built upon.

Love to have:
24 Hours of Heavy Battery use - I would love to see a battery that can last me 24 straight hours of heavy use. i.e - Streaming music, GPS actively running at all times, using Facebook, browsing on the internet, playing games. Then have the battery life last 48 hours of light use.
Quad Core Processor - 3.0 gHz.
Memory size - 3 GB of ram.
Graphics card able to handle PS3 standard graphics. 
Rear Camera - 12 Mp with 3x optical zoom - Allows users to control the shutter speed, ISO, and the aperture.

This is what I expect in a year from now, and then my dream phone.

Let me know what you care/don't care about!

No comments:

Post a Comment